Follow a few simple rules to keep white clothes white. And, if they happen to get a bit dull or yellowed, learn how to restore the brightness.
- Sort clothing carefully. Wash white clothes separately to prevent color transfer.
- Do not overload the washer at Super Bubbles Laundromat we have 20lbs, 30lbs & 40lbs machines so this will not happen. Detergents loosen soil but there must be enough space and water for the soil to wash away rather than redeposit on clothing.
- Treat stains immediately. Follow stain removal guidelines for fabric types and type of stains. Do not automatically use chlorine bleach even on cotton fibers because overuse can cause yellowing. Anoxygen-based bleach (OxiClean, Javal Colour Safe Bleach, available at Super Bubbles Laundromat soap centre) is usually safer.
- Never dry a garment that still has a stain. It can become permanent.
- If clothing is dingy or gray, use a colour remover to brighten the fabric.
- Make sure your washer is always clean. Super Bubbles coin laundry washers are cleaned daily.
- Try a colour boost for your whites; Super Bubbles Laundromat offers OxiClean in our Soap Centre.
- Launder white garments after every wearing even if they look clean. Body oils and perspiration can quickly turn a garment yellow. If you like to wear white and want to save money, be sure the garment is washable – Use Super Bubbles Laundromat it’s a safe choice and keeping your whites white.