Microfiber laundering of bedding can be a challenge if you don’t know how to properly wash your sheets. However, to really get your microfiber laundry properly washed there are a few special care instructions that are necessary. These laundry instructions might make them last even longer.
Time Required: 30 minutes or less
- Sort your microfiber cleaning cloths from your bedding into their own load, never wash together. If you wash them with a regular load of linens, they may come out even more dirty than before since microfiber is attracted to hair, dirt, dust and lint. Who wants that on their sheets/bedding.
- If you care about stains which most of us do, now is the time to pre-treat them. You can use whatever stain remover you rely on for laundry, or just add a little laundry detergent to the cloths and rinse them out.
- If you bedding is heavily soiled you might want to use warm or hot water, read the label to see if your sheets can withstand high temperatures. Lightly soiled bedding and sheets can be washed in cold, or even on the gentle cycle, if necessary.
- Dry your microfiber cloths separately to prevent hair and lint attraction. Microfiber dries quickly, so remember to use only a short drying cycle.
- Because microfiber attracts and holds on to dirt, it’s important to keep them separate from other items.
- No bleach, no fabric softener is recommended to prevent balling.